Saturday, January 30, 2010

...cooolllllllllddd.....!!

Today is Friday and it is one of the busiest days of the week in New York City. I slept in a little bit this morning - got up just little after 10am, and had breakfast at the nearby diner - Morning Star Cafe, it is amazing there and only just around the corner!

AND it is very cold!

We both went to the New Yankee Stadium, which is in the Bronx - only 20 minutes subway train ride. and the new Yankee stadium is so huge, we cant get in, have to pay $20 ticket to just to get in to have a look, so we only went to the store, and purchased few items, for myself I bought a baseball cap ($42) and it is one of the good ones! The new Yankee Stadium is right next to the old one which was built in the 1920s or 1950s not sure, but it is being demolished at the moment.

Then we went back to Manhattan, and got to walk across the oldest bridge of New York City, Brooklyn Bridge itself - it was built in the early 1880s, was opened on the 24th of May 1883, which is now, currently standing - 127 years later. but very cold, which frozen up our faces when we were just halfway so we went back, we went to the camera store which is one of the largest camera store in west Manhattan, I was reconsidered to purchase the Nikon D60 body to replace my broken one, but I changed mind and dropped it, which is around $600US, I needed the money for the next few days anyway.

So we went to west side of Midtown, where My friend's hotel resides, but then, we saw a pizza place which we got the pizza slices for lunch, it is so huge and so good, I had cheese slice and cheese & chicken slice as well, very good. Then had starbucks just around the corner, my friend was so tired so wants to have a nap so I caught the subway back to my hotel where I am resting at the moment and updating the blog, while waiting for my friend Andy to let me know the status of the dinner tonight with Him and the two ladies - Frisky Feline and Oddball from all deaf

Hope the blog will be updated as normal tomorrow night - if not, it would be delayed. Tomorrow night is the BIG night with huge number of deaf people coming together to meet and greet the fellow Australian - JClarke (that's me!) himself - gonna party like an aussie, hahahahahaha!

Until then, bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment